Sunday 13 May 2007

Kick starting the second part of the semester

Ok, a more "uni focused post".
Tomorrow, I am in for the drug calculation session, and that's not until 1pm so I get a lie in tomorrow morning (yay!).
While this is the 4th week back since Easter, I have neglected to really say much of the university life.
I am obsessing that the essay I submitted last Friday will have potentially dire consequences (I.E. I am off the course if it does not pass) but I hope that it will get 40% or more.
I have to do a poster presentation based on palliative care in the community and the barriers to this (then write a 4000 word essay in the style of a report) and really should get the poster done into a presentable format.

The odd thing is, I really have not felt "back up to speed" with the course. I always preferred placement as usually I would be tearing my hair out after 8 weeks in the university over things, but being stuck in a 17 week theory block, it is somewhat amplified. I knew it was coming, but its nice to have the third year. I feel happier as its nice to have the "OK, your nearly a staff nurse, how'd you manage this patient with..." situation rather then the last two years in which we were basically made to feel that we knew/could not do, practically anything, and would never get past that.

Other news? I have parted with my mini to a local driving instructor yesterday. I now no longer have a car. The instructor was looking for a Mini as a summer project to work on, so £300 will be put toward my £1133.00 overdraft, and I have 10 free driving lessons to get my licence. I do fell a little down over it, but the point being that I have had to give the money I was trying to save for the replacement sub frame and valance to other things. Annoying. The joy of a £498.56p student nurses bursary.

No comments: