Wednesday 11 April 2007

Stranded in suburbia gives a glimpse of utopia

Having spent the past few days with my better half, I realised that a few days away from the daily slog can really do wonders for the soul, and make you feel a little less angry with the world. Easter was quite nice, I feel very happy with the world in general this evening.

But why? Well, I am ahead with most of my work, the reading list I have is being worked through, a few more photo's of old ambulances from Scotland have been emailed to me so that's another article written up, and even my old historic vehicle while still refusing to start now no longer seems to phase me.

Over at the Dr Rant blog, even the ever present threat of the MMC fiasco and the deeper troubles of the NHS seems almost again to be quelled in the blogs standing as the bastion against some of the more anarchic medical opinion.

Amazing. From screeching through the streets in ambulances, to pacing the floor of the hospital, against all this, Student Nurse feels all charged up and ready to return to the grind. Maybe the romantic [.sic] walks through leafy suburban bliss at sunset with my girlfriend has made me happy, perhaps realising just how much I know from all the years of study finally starting to pay off has provided a valuable ego boost. Or the overall reason? All the above, plus not having to return for two more weeks and a weekend away next Friday to boot.
Ahhh, happiness for a few hours. That's a rarity!

No comments: