Sunday 25 November 2007

The end (Part 1)

I am a tad nervous at the moment. Ok, that's a bit of an understatement. "Absolutely bloody terrified" is strolling over in the right direction. At this moment in time I am passing by the scary house, around cape fear and into the calm lagoon of sheer terror.

Because this is the beginning of the end. Yes, on Wednesday, I am facing one of the biggest tests of my life so far. Namely, the final tripartite meeting of the internship. This is it. The big one. The terminal end of the Nursing course. In the meeting, I have to present evidence of Manual Handling, CPR, Venous Cannulation, Male Catheterisation, Venepuncture, IV drug administration, Fire lecture and so fourth. I am also required to pass 17 competencies and benchmarks as laid down by the University in conjunction of the NMC. I then need to submit with the portfolio, 2 learning contracts and a SWOT analysis (already done), a medicine log and all dialogue sheets. This is a daunting prospect. I mean, heck all final tripartites are bloody awful, but this is the daddy of them all. I can only hope my 4000 word essay on an reflective account of an episode of care nets a good result. I have gone from being the bottom of the nursing post as a first year and have climbed up the mountain which is Nurse training and I am now in the rarefied atmosphere of the summit.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Nursing Student!! It sounds like a hell of a lot of work. I had to do a portfolio from hell that was designed in conjuction with the University and the NMC but it sounds like yours was much harder!!