Wednesday 28 November 2007

My Final Tripartite (The End: Part 2)

I had about 2 hours sleep last night. To say that things were playing on my mind is a bit of an understatement. On waking at 5:30 and going into work, the ward was found to be full. I was allocated back to my usually area of patients. There was one new one who was a medical sleep out, and one patient to write the Nursing Discharge letter for as they were to go to a community hospital. That was written out and several ECG cards and phone Call's made before I set off to make the beds with a HCA.

That done, the ward settled down to being a day where there were small obs occupying my time. This went on clear up until 3:30pm which was the time for my final tripartite meeting. The meeting went well. The net result is that I have now passed all the third year competencies and therefore I have passed my Internship placement and have now to submit the Portfolio and the essay to the University on Monday for marking. Following this, I must eak out 4 weeks of service before returning for consolidation week to the university.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on making it through Wednesday! It's great to hear that you've passed a big chunk of Year 3. Hope the assignment and portfolio go down well too.

Enjoy your next four weeks of "eaking" and hope you manage to get plenty of decent sleep to make up for what you lost :)

Staff Nurse M said...

Chhers Elizabeth. I managed some sleep (greatly relieved), spend the weekend with my Girlfried and did my SJA First Aid certificate requalification.

I have had a cold since Friday though!