Monday 26 November 2007

My baited breath

I am still obsessing over the tripartite to be held Wednesday. Being on the ward is doing little to calm my nerves either, and I am getting palpitations thinking about it. Today began with there being a staff nurse short so for a few hours there was a team of patients who was split between two staff nurses so there were 12 patients to each staff nurse (eek!). Fortunately one of the senior sisters from next door was on an office day and was free to come around to take the team for the afternoon. My patients was quiet with one who went to theatre and then required post op observations to be done in the afternoon which were unremarkable. This was along with one patient with chest pain (ECG was NAD).

I mentioned to my patients that I have the tripartite on Wednesday. They all gave me a vote of confidence and said they were more then happy with my care. Its something I suppose

No comments: