Saturday 26 January 2008

Another Certificate


Above: Heartstart FR2 AEDWoo-hoo! I took my St John AED course today! Passed it, and had a comment which read "Good CPR". I know in the grand scheme of things this is hardly up there with say,ooh, a D.Phill in Astrophysics from Cambridge. However, a) An AED MAY occasionally be of use to me while acting as a St John Ambulance volunteer (I however hope not to have to use it in anger. Lets face it, anyone who wants to use one sounds a bit Macarbe). b) I am well aware more advanced equipment/Professionals are in more the adequate numbers in the world. c) I would be loath to come across as a "quacktitioner". However, firstly, the chain of survival (early access, early CPR, Early defribrillation, Early advanced care), you will note how the AED forms part three.

Most importantly, while it may not be the grandest award out there it is mine. Which I am happy with.

No comments: