Friday 18 January 2008

My illness

Well, a few day's on the ward and I have neglected to really mention much of what I have been doing. There is still no job, though there have thankfully been a handful more job's posted on the NHS jobs site for my hospital. It would seem that the reason I was not shortlisted for the job on the ward was that there were 47 other student nurses who applied for the post. Yes, 47 students without jobs. I am not making this up, as I saw the pile of application forms. There were over 100 applications made when you add in the registered Nurse's that applied for the post. Good news is that they are going to keep my application if anything else turns up.

Well, I have not been too well, had an ear which was paining me which has travelled down into my neck and swollen a few lymph node's up. I have started taken Ibuprofen and codeine and things are getting better in terms of the swelling and the pain i was in.

Ward wise, I have been given busy teams but I cannot really say it caused much stress, though I put that down to the fact that I plod on gently getting things sorted rather than trying to rush around and get things done in a flap at the last moment. Still nothing really worth mentioning as I was looking after patients who were not going anywhere or having much done yesterday. I have another 3 shifts to do, then a study week which I did not even realise I had to take, then start consolidation on the 5th Feb, then finish on the 8th. Sometime after this I shall get my NMC papers through to fill in after the university write to them confirming I have finished the course, then 10 days-3 weeks later I get my PIN.

I have never felt a mixture of feelings quite like this. I finally have my PIN number and the key to access a job a love, though at the same time face being unemployed and skint.

No comments: