Thursday 24 January 2008

My football match


I have taken a study week to try and get some time off. I have asked about getting a job in a call centre (so those three years Nurse training look to have gone overboard). I got a letter this morning confirming that I have completed the requirements of the course, pending statutory hours being completed.

Only thing I did was a Football match with St. John Ambulance on Tuesday. I have over the years when with the Red Cross attended calls that are more suited to a "Carry on" film rather then "Casualty". There was one such happening while I was trying to treat a member of the public in the first aid post. I was seeing the patient while being hemmed into the corner by several SJA first aiders who were in their allotted time for a break, and a rather rotund divisional superintendent who was trying to make the tea.

I have started on my latest project for the British Ambulance Society (the details of the history of the local ambulance service) which came in helpful to one of the St John Cadets who is today in Liverpool for a Paramedic interview.

No comments: