Saturday 5 January 2008

New Year

Ah 2008! A year which began with me being a bit tipsy, not being able to sleep and having a longing to eat a doughnut. No, not sure what sort of omen that is for the coming 12 months. So, I am off until Tuesday when I start the last ever 5 1/2 shifts I will do as a student Nurse. These could also prove to be the last ever shifts I do as a nurse in the NHS if a job does not come crashing around the corner sharpish!

There is a few jobs which I applied for. The dates have only just past for the majority of them so there is still some hope of getting somewhere before the course finishes though at the minute it is hard to feel positive about things. I am having to scour the NHS jobs website looking for job's in the immediate area for any staff nurse jobs which are on the go. There was an advertisement on the university blackboard site where Addenbrookes hospital, Cambridge was looking for staff nurses. Two problems with that. 1) The essential requirement was for current NMC registration, and 2)Cambridge is a long way from Teesside.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year!

Hope your last few shifts go well and that you are able to find a decent job. Addenbrooke's is a lovely hospital - I worked there for several years. But like you say, it's not very helpful what with you being in Teeside!

Hope something comes along soon.

E :)