Tuesday 23 October 2007

my nightingale

Starting shift with a very full ward was a massive change in only 12 hours. Still, there were a few going and some patients who were comming off other wards of the hospital. I was back with the same area of the ward that I had been working in the last night. The bays were now full of patients who were new. One was a bit ill, however while there were some concerns, my staff nurse was a bit miffed when the patient was moved to the HDU...for hardly any reason appart from by the sounds of it the consultant's patients have been going a bit haywire. However, my other bay was a bit more serene with one patient who we sorted out for surgery. Appart from waiting ages for the X-ray department to take them to X-Ray (after 11pm), the evening was serene with a run to the blood bank and the medication round with the attendant injections to be done occupying most of the time. The night settled down after 10:30pm,with enough time for me to sit and write some essays out (and these two posts). Frankly, that was my night.

No comments: