Sunday 5 August 2007

Ahh, a good day (At Last1)



Ahh yes, come to daddy you beauty!
There is nothing more pleasing when I was presented with this cheque on Friday which was hastily paid into the bank. At the moment the balance is -£399, though as the cheque is not fully clear (i.e. allowing any withdraw ls until Monday) I still cant fully use it, but at least I have it. Additionally, I was sent a new award letter. The nice news is that it seems I may be paid again on the 17th August so things are looking up a bit now on the cash front. As I had the award letter, I took a gamble with the bank and they have sent the documents off to their lending centre for approval of the third year loan.

Regarding the essay which laft all concerned confused, I did thrash an essay out and went to submit. However, when all came to all, the email sent from the university seemed to inaccurately have the module down for 3rd August when this should in fact have been a totally different module. have handed in the essay which caused all the problem before. This new version was done with the original seminar documents emailed to me so I was made aware of the expected content. I have "tighted up" the content alot so now hopefully will pass. Fingers crossed.

Today I have just trawled the DoH website for the NSF for diabetes and related documents so will have a casual nights reading of them in readiness for Tuesday when I have my first shift on the new ward. Given that there seems to be an overflow of Diabetic patients onto the unit, I want to refresh my knowledge and have some up-to-date reading done to prepare myself for entering the unit. Still feel nervous as I have not been on ward for nigh on 18 months but I will try my best. I may outwardly seem to drift on, but I in fact do put a fair degree of thought and consideration into things. Not saying it works all the time, but it's as near as dammit.

2 comments:

Advanced Practitioner said...

Nursing Student
I know where your coming from regarding academic work, the tutors/universities don't know if they are coming or going. Had to contact tutor for my MSc module 5, he had hand-in date as 9/08/07, my learning manager gave me the date 3/08/07, panic set in until my tutor informed me resubmission due the 9th, so currently trying to rehash my initial submission into something they will accept.

Thanks for visiting my blog

Staff Nurse M said...

Hi Advanced practitioner,
It seems to be a general malaise of all university education. At least it was sorted out (though not without me writing a 4000 word essay with about 15 references, far short of what i want and a 1000 word refelctive account that was written in such short notice it had...no references in near panic).

Must have been a thing with the 3rd August being the wrong submission date for most of us. Hope your results go well though!
Thanks for posting!