Wednesday 29 August 2007

My Days of my life

Having being ever so slight knacked after the shift yesterday today was not as bad. I damn near was hallucinating that I was still at work last night while in bed. Made good progress today as there was some feedback on the referrals made, one of the patients who was mostly asleep yesterday had a 40m-mols/l of K+ in 1000ml Normal Saline infused via IVAC by yours truly, did a few PEG feeds today and was able to feed and give thickened fluids to one patient thanks to the SALT referral being seen today. The Department of Health were in the hospital today. Thankfully they only went to the ward next door to me on my floor.

One of the doctors was asking about the patient from the same home I was at last year. They seemed to appreciate the information I was able to give, which is always nice to get a sense of job satisfaction.

Did my first handover tonight of my patients, then went with the medications needed for the patient I referred yesterday to the community hospital. It seemed so odd going back to my roots as a first year after exactly two years to the day I finished my very first placement. I really enjoyed working on that ward, as it was all about basic nursing care up there.

No comments: