Sunday 19 August 2007

Time (and the lack of it)


Somebody else who's running out of time, today

Finally, I have finished two essays. One for Tuesday, and one for the 5th september, so it will be now simply a case of checking for typo's, double checking the reference list and making sure it all makes sense.

So now I have to write a 3000 word report up for palliative care in the community. There are two problems with this. 1) I have not got to hand the plan of a report from which I am supposed to write the essay to the structure of. 2) The tutor I need to speak to has an email address listed which no matter how I try it bounces back to me.

So, I have decided the easiest way to proceed is to get the two nearly done essays out the way and then focus all my energy between tomorrow and the 5th september on doing the report (I have the source references to hand so there will be some structure to start with and then all I need to to is to find other references as they are needed while writing). I am also awaiting the results of another essay which I am really wanting to hear back that I have passed.

There is only one problem with all the above plan. I am supposed to work 3 shifts a week. There is I know 4 days where I am off duty. The problem is that you then need to write the three day off as I am too tired to do much after being up at 5:30am for a shift that lasts 12 hours. Then there is the first day off which usually involves me catching up on all the sleep I have lost over the work days (I am terrible at getting off to sleep at night- I have done a few 12 hours shifts on only 3 hours sleep). So, you call that three days between now and the 5th September to get cracking on an essay. Good job I can work fast.

No comments: