Wednesday 15 August 2007

The daftest test ever


Look at the above image. Notice something? Yes, the answers are correct but have been marked wrong. That was the same questions as set on the universities online formative drug calculation test. I am not saying that we should not do the tests, but what use is that? It means that even though you are right, you are wrong. Cynically I think that's a microcosm of the university, but until I get a reply back from the module leader, I am buggered if I am going to do it again as that's TWICE the thing failed even though the answers were correct.

Yes, I know that drug calculations are a big part of the latest target for improvement with all sorts of crazed missives going off saying that you should get 100% in drug calcs to pass and other such far fetched rot (its an exam so factor in performance anxiety, stress, when the hell did you have to do 30 calculations straight off the bat in the ward and so on the arguments are soon see to be too much "Blue sky thinking" not "Real world thinking").

Words fail me as to how we are on one hand expected to know this but then marked down by the computer on the answers. If it's right, its right. If it's wrong, its wrong. There is no road between.

To paraphrase Dr Rant, the daftest exam ever or I'm a little teapot!

No comments: