Monday 13 August 2007

My best laid plans of mice and men



It SHOULD have been easy: Two patients, and a third to oversee. One needed a discharge doing. Let me just say this: Even seen Peter Snow's swingometer on the election nights? Pretty much that's how the discharge went for the unfortunate patient and the family. It has meant getting back to doing the basic nursing care on the patients (washing, making beds, catheter care, feeding and fluid balance) which was a change.

Today has been a steady day apart from that. Didn't take much in the way of breaks though but that was partly through my own choice. The morning break I was called out to see to something and plodded on past that, and for lunch I went to the cafeteria thinking people had already gone. I had my lunch then nipped back up as I then wondered if the staff had been late going down. Lord knows where they were but I ended up missing them as it turns out they were sat at the back of the canteen, not the middle as I thought. Still, I got some work done which was good.

No comments: