Sunday 12 August 2007

My weekend administration


This is my last day off having managed to have the weekend off the ward. I am back on tomorrow. The weekend has been up and down. Was out for a few hours last night and went to see a mate of mine as well as my girlfriend, and have been trying to sort out paperwork. Unfortunatly I have cut it fine for renewing my library loans but I think I have managed to avoid going over (not that having to pay £2 is a big deal).

I have been trawling CINAHL and the British Nursing Archive for some articles for an essay and fine tuning the next two submissions.

I am tonight going to start to write up my letters for application to the NHS trusts for the January qualifying. I am not sure what to put in the letter but will have a think. The trouble is "Gimme a job" being written in a fancy way usually means trying to sell yourself and I am not normally that vain. The plan is to go to all the departments in the hosptial and put a letter into the ward manager, write to the local PCT and fill in a generic application form to approach on three fronts in my own area, then go to a hospital in the next county to ask for a job. I have been told that my grandparents are wanting to move to the other end of the county, if that happens then there is always chance that there can be application made to other areas as well which will be nice, and I also want to contact a private aero-medical firm where I know the operations director. Then I will search Nursing standard and the NHS jobs website.

No comments: