Wednesday 22 August 2007

My weary feet

I really will one day find a discharge that does not involve expending the sort of energy that would cause Hercules to give up. However, there was a discharge and I was involved in trying to get some items back from the cashiers office which the patient had left in A&E. I phoned down to A&E (remember here I am on the second floor of the hospital which is also the top floor). After a bit of a wait, I was given the property book number. So, I phoned the cashiers office, and gave the details I had. I was told to get the book from A&E, and bring it to them to sort out. Let's just say that between arguing with A&E and the cashiers this took over a hour and a half, several walks around the hospital, and the involvement of the staff Nurse on the ward, and two matrons to sort it out. I was bloody knackered after that.

Rest of the day was not that bad though, I was able to get most things sorted out though really had a quiet day today. More just one where I was back and forth which makes a change. Tomorrow it is mostly discharges to do. Heaven help us all.

No comments: